You’ve always wanted it bigger and stiffer! Well, we made it! The largest aftermarket drop-down rudder on the market. Built on our CNC machines from solid blocks of aluminum and mixed with stainless steel components. Finally, you can have that handling you’ve always wanted from your kayak!
Real talk! Nobody likes the arse end of their kayak flopping around in the waves and wind and spending all your day playing with your rudder handle when your supposed to be slaying fish and smashing beers. We’ve all seen stiffer blades but we really wanted to go above and beyond by solving the flex where they attach and also dropping the rudder deeper in the water. We redesigned the whole shaft to be made from billet aluminum and then machined some sweet water-slicing adaptors to hold the drop-down rudder blade. The blade is made from aluminum and engineered with a spring to lock the rudder down when you need it. The spring has been beefed up from standard so you don’t have to worry about shaking the rudder down when launching and it now drops deeper into the water to give you the added turning and tracking performance you’ve desired.
The key benefits of this rudder are
- Increased straight line tracking performance
- Reduced turning circle especially at low speeds
- CNC machined aluminum blade to reduce flex
- CNC machined aluminum shaft to reduce flex and change rudder pivot
- 5 Axis CNC machined acetal side plates to slice through the water and hold the rudder blade
- Marine anodized aluminum
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Australian made by people who use their products