Century’s new battery charger is here to help charge 12 Volt conventional lead acid batteries rated up to 120Ah* and maintain those rated up to 180Ah.
Backed up with a 5 year warranty**, this 9-stage battery charger can be used for charging and maintaining batteries in the following applications:
- Car & Passenger vehicles
- 4×4 & SUVs
- Lawn & Garden equipment
- Recreation vehicles
- Deep cycle
Incorporating a unique and patented rejuvenation technology, the CC1206 uses high voltage equalising and peak pulse reconditioning to repair heavily discharged batteries and will activate from as low as 3 Volts. The CC1206 also features an Eco-power mode, for ultra-low power consumption.
- Universal charger: Suits multiple types of lead acid batteries, including SMF flooded [Calcium], AGM/Flooded and Gel batteries.
- Adjustable charge output: Adjustable charge output allows the user to select between three charging modes: 1amp, 3amp and 6amp.
- 9-stage charging: Multi Stage charging for optimal performance. Each stage is designed to maximise charging performance and help extend battery life.
- Patented rejuvenation technology: A unique and patented rejuvenation technology uses high voltage equalising and peak pulse reconditioning to repair heavily discharged batteries.
- 3 Volt activation: Activates from as low as 3 Volts.
- ECO power mode: A built-in eco mode provides ultra-low power consumption.
- 24/7 battery charger: Can be left on 24/7 to ensure the battery is fully charged^.
- Heavy-duty output connectors: Heavy-duty corrosion-resistant output connectors, with crocodile clip and ring terminals included for customer fitment convenience.
- Safety timers: Features safety timers at every stage, to detect any faults in the battery and prevent overcharging.
- Internal overheat & short circuit protection: Built-in overheat and short circuit protection helps protect the internals of the charger.
- Reverse polarity protection: If the charger output leads are connected to the wrong terminal posts, a fault LED will illuminate and the charger is disabled.
Selecting the right setting for your battery
The CC1206 is suitable for charging batteries rated up to 120Ah* and maintaining batteries rated up to 180Ah. The charger is designed to charge and maintain 12V conventional lead acid batteries. Simply follow the indications below to select the correct battery type setting on your CC1206:
- SMF [Calcium] – Select this setting to charge Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) flooded calcium batteries.
- AGM/Flooded – Select this setting to charge Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) and maintainable flooded batteries.
- Gel – Select this setting to charge Gel electrolyte type batteries.
Based on 5 to 30% of battery Ah ratings. For optimum charging, 10% of battery Ah rating is recommended for flooded batteries and 20% of battery Ah rating is recommended for AGM & Gel batteries.
Selecting the right charge rate setting for your battery
When using the CC1206 it is important to select the correct charge rate option for the battery you are charging. The common mistake many people make is to use the highest charge rate setting, not realising it could actually damage the internal components, reducing battery life. The recommended charging Amps for a flooded lead acid battery is 10% of its Ah rating. For an Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) or Gel battery this can be increase to 20% of its Ah rating.
The CC1206 has 3 charge settings: 1A, 3A and 6A.
- The 1A – maintenance mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 3 and 20Ah and will maintain batteries up to 100Ah.
- The 3A – silent charge mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 9 and 60Ah and will maintain batteries up to 110Ah. This charge rate is ideal in use for motorcycles, powersports and lawn & garden applications.
- The 6A – rapid charge mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 18 and 120Ah and will maintain batteries up to 180Ah. During this mode, the internal fan may engage from time to time if the charger gets hot.