Yakima ShowDown Kayak/SUP Side Loader is first load-assist mount to handle both SUPs and kayaks, makes loading and unloading heavy boats and boards a breeze.
The lightweight mount tilts down more than two feet from the roof rack, takes on up to 45% of the boat’s weight, then helps gently raise it up to the top of the vehicle. Once loaded it securely cradles your boat or boards for the ride. At only 9.5 kg. it’s super lightweight but built burly enough to wrangle an 36 kg. load.
Yakima ShowDown Kayak/SUP Side Loader Features:
- Easily load and unload kayaks and boards at waist level at the side of the vehicle with the easy to use slide and tilt mechanism
- 36 kg. boat and board capacity easily handles a large kayak or two boards
- Universal mounting hardware fits most roof racks
- Lightweight materials and construction don’t eat up roof’s carrying capacity
- Tilts down a lengthy 66 cm from roof rack height
- Provides 30-45% weight assistance (depending on boat width)
- Felt-covered cradles flex to conform to hull for secure transport
- Folds down flat to reduce drag and noise when not in use
- All tie-down straps included
- Locks to base rack with SKS Lock Cores for added security (sold separately)
- Not suitable for square bars with a depth exceeding 38 mm
IMPORTANT NOTES: Requires through bar-style roof racks. Additional important fitment requirements detailed in instructions.